Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Oakland Program Director
Part-Time: 20 hours/wk
The primary purpose of the Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support for the immigration legal program in IIBA’s Fremont office.
- Provide reception services, answer phone calls and emails, respond to voice and e-mail messages, and schedule client appointments
- Assist with ongoing client communications in person, by phone, and by mail
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Assist with preparation of financial, personnel, and grant reports
- Assist with preparation for outreach and community education events
- Collect, process, and deposit client fees in close coordination with IIBA’s main office
- Collect timesheets, assist with personnel and HR documentation in close coordination with IIBA’s main office
- Responsible for copying, filing, Spanish/English translations as assigned
- Work with vendors and IT specialists to maintain office equipment, communications equipment, and marketing materials
- Maintain database of legal references and training materials
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Commitment to serve a diverse clientele, and sensitivity to the needs of the low-income immigrant community
- Well organized, extremely accurate, attentive to detail, and reliable
- Proficient in a Windows/PC environment, and able to quickly become proficient in the use of IIBA’s immigration law software and database
- Experience interacting with clients in a professional and helpful manner
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Knowledge of immigration laws and procedures preferred
- Fluent in Spanish and English required
- Education: High School diploma. Some college preferred
- Work Experience: Minimum 1 year previous administrative experience
Salary: Pay is commensurate with experience
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please include the title of the job in the subject line.
IIBA is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons receiving services in our programs are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.