Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: North Bay Regional Director
The International Institute of the Bay Area was founded in 1918, and its mission is to welcome, educate and serve immigrants, refugees and their families as they join and contribute to the community. IIBA provides immigration legal services, English and civic education, and other services at its eight offices throughout the Bay Area, as well as through its collaborative efforts with local and regional service providers. IIBA offers a team-oriented, collegial and collaborative work environment across its eight offices.
The primary purpose of the Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support for IIBA’s North Bay immigration legal program at sites in Petaluma, Sonoma and Napa.
- Responsible for Spanish/English translations, completing forms, copying, filing, mailing, fee collection, as assigned.
- Assisting with mail, contract files, data entry, appointment scheduling, and group processing at work
- Providing administrative support with receipts, timesheets, report schedules, personnel and HR documentation, in close coordination with IIBA’s central
- Assisting with ongoing client communications in person, on phone, and by mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Good written translation skills.
- Well organized, extremely accurate, attentive to detail, and reliable.
- Proficiency in a Windows/PC environment, and able to quickly become proficient in the use of IIBA’s immigration law software and database.
- Experience interacting with clients in a professional and helpful manner.
- Commitment to serve and compassion for the issues faced by the low-income newcomer community.
- Knowledge of immigration laws and procedures preferred.
- Education: High School diploma. Some college preferred.
- Work Experience: Minimum 1 year previous administrative experience.
- Fluent in Spanish & English required
Salary: Pay is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the job you are applying for in the subject of the email.
IIBA is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons receiving services in our programs are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.