***IIBA’s legal team is conducting appointments via phone, despite our offices being closed due to COVID-19. Please call our offices to schedule.***
- Updates from Legal Aid at Work about Unemployment Compensation: If you are currently authorized to work (DACA,TPS, or other work permit) or have a green card, you can apply for unemployment compensation. Unemployment does not affect you under the new public charge rules. It is very important not to present invalid documents when you apply for unemployment.
- COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented Californians from California Immigrant Youth Justice Alliance: https://ciyja.org/covid19/
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic:Information and Resources for Immigrant Communities in the Central Valley from the California Rural Legal Foundation: https://www.crlaf.org/coronavirus
- Tangible Support for Undocumented Communities duing Covid-19 from Immigrants Rising: https://bit.ly/3b8JLJW
- To assist undocumented workers who have lost their jobs or income as a result of the Coronavirus outbreak, Legal Aid at Work has compiled a list of known relief funds for undocumented workers.
- Know Your Rights : ICE has said that they are limiting their operations during this national emergency, but remember that you still have the right not to open your door to them. If ICE does come to your home or if someone you know has been detained, make sure you know your rights and you can call your Local Rapid Response hotline.
- Update from Immigration court about courts: To check the status of your case, call 1-800-898-7180 and have your A number ready.