Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Program Director
Full-time, Non-Exempt Position
The Immigration Institute of the Bay Area was founded in 1918, and its mission is to welcome, educate and serve immigrants, refugees and their families as they join and contribute to the community. IIBA provides immigration legal services, English and civic education, and other services at its eight offices throughout the Bay Area, as well as through its collaborative efforts with local and regional service providers. IIBA offers a team-oriented, collegial and collaborative work environment.
The primary purpose of the Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support for the immigration legal program in IIBA’s Brentwood office.
- Responsible for Spanish/English translations, copying, scanning, filing, mailing, fee collection, as assigned.
- Assisting with consultation clinics and group processing at workshops.
- Responsible for telephone reception and assist with ongoing client communications in person, on phone, and by mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Speak, read, and write Spanish and English.
- Good written translation skills.
- Well organized, extremely accurate, attentive to detail, and reliable.
- Proficiency in a Windows/PC environment, and able to quickly become proficient in the use of IIBA’s immigration law software and database.
- Experience interacting with clients in a professional and helpful manner.
- Commitment to serve and compassion for the issues faced by the low-income newcomer community.
- Education: High School diploma. Some college preferred.
- Work Experience: Minimum 1 year previous administrative experience strongly preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish & English required
Salary is commensurate with experience.
IIBA offers a generous cafeteria-style benefits package, elements of which include, but are not limited to:
– Employer matching 403(B) retirement plan: up to 4% employer contribution
– Insurance: Health, dental, life, vision, chiropractic & acupuncture. Medical and dependent care pre-tax reimbursement accounts.
– Transportation reimbursement account.
– Vacation: two (2) weeks of accrued vacation per year with an increase each year.
– Holidays: 13 Holiday per year
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please include the title of the job in the subject line.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
IIBA is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons receiving services in our programs are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.