Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Program Director/Staff Attorney
Part-time 22.5 hours/week
The Immigration Institute of the Bay Area was founded in 1918, and its mission is to welcome, educate and serve immigrants, refugees and their families as they join and contribute to the community. IIBA provides immigration legal services, English and civic education, and other services throughout the Bay Area, as well as through its collaborative efforts with local and regional service providers. IIBA offers a team-oriented, collegial and collaborative work environment. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our clients, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees.
At IIBA, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work. IIBA’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is reflected in the work that we do. We are committed to equity and believe deeply in the value of diversity of race, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us human.
- Responsible for Spanish/English translations, copying, filing, mailing, fee collection, as assigned.
- Assisting with mail, data entry, appointment scheduling, and group processing at workshops.
- Providing administrative support with fee receipts and deposits, petty cash, timesheets, monthly grant reporting, personnel and HR documentation, in close coordination with IIBA’s central office.
- Assists with legal documents, immigration forms completion and document preparation, under the supervision of attorneys and accredited representatives.
- Assist with the maintenance of case files and active case spreadsheets.
- Assisting with ongoing client communications in person, on phone, and by mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Good written translation skills.
- Well organized, extremely accurate, attentive to detail, and reliable.
- Proficiency in a Windows/PC environment, Microsoft Excel, and able to quickly become proficient in the use of IIBA’s immigration law software and database.
- Experience interacting with clients in a professional and helpful manner.
- Commitment to serve and compassion for the issues faced by the low-income newcomer community.
- Knowledge of immigration laws and procedures preferred.
- Education: High School diploma. College preferred.
- Work Experience: Minimum 1 year previous administrative experience.
- Fluent in Spanish & English required
Salary/Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the title of the job in the subject line.
For more information on IIBA, see our website: www.iibayarea.org. Position opened until filled.
This description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
IIBA recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Persons receiving services in our programs are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.