Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Staff Attorney
The Immigration Institute of the Bay Area was founded in 1918, and its mission is to welcome, educate and serve immigrants, refugees and their families as they join and contribute to the community. IIBA provides immigration legal services, English and civic education, and other services throughout the Bay Area, as well as through its collaborative efforts with local and regional service providers. IIBA offers a team-oriented, collegial and collaborative work environment. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our clients, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees.
At IIBA, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work. IIBA’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is reflected in the work that we do. We are committed to equity and believe deeply in the value of diversity of race, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us human.
- Responsible for office copying, filing, mailing, scanning, fee collection, as assigned.
- Answer incoming calls, in-person reception; assist with ongoing client communications in person, on phone, and by mail.
- Responsible for mail, data entry, appointment scheduling, and group processing at workshops.
- Manage office operations, including IT, computers and communications equipment, vendors and IT consultants, supplies and equipment, postage and mailing procedures, agency website content.
- Maintain client database and generate necessary reports for legal and program staff and grant requirements.
- Complete Spanish/English document translations, and coordination between staff and volunteer translators regarding larger translation requests.
- Manage volunteer data entry in Salesforce.
- Provide administrative support with fee receipts and deposits, petty cash, timesheets, monthly grant reporting, personnel and HR documentation, in close coordination with IIBA’s central office.
- Assist with legal documents, immigration forms completion and document preparation, under the supervision of attorneys and accredited representatives.
- Assist with the maintenance of case files and active case spreadsheets.
- Manage day-to-day communications with the landlord of the IIBA Oakland office.
- Maintain library of legal references and training materials.
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires.
- Participate in staff development and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Good written translation skills.
- Well organized, extremely accurate, attentive to detail, and reliable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in a Windows/PC environment, Microsoft Excel, and able to quickly become proficient in the use of IIBA’s immigration law software and database.
- Experience interacting with clients in a professional and helpful manner.
- Commitment to serve and compassion for the issues faced by the low-income newcomer community.
- Knowledge of immigration laws and procedures preferred.
- Education: High School diploma. College preferred.
- Work Experience: Minimum 1 year previous administrative experience.
- Fluent in Spanish & English required
Salary/Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience.
IIBA offers a generous cafeteria-style benefits package, elements of which include, but are not limited to:
- Employer matching 403(B) retirement plan: up to 5% employer contribution
- Insurance: Health, dental, life, vision, chiropractic & acupuncture. Medical and dependent care pre-tax reimbursement accounts.
- Transportation reimbursement account.
- Vacation: two (2) weeks of accrued vacation per year with an increase each year.
- Sick Leave including paid family sick time
- Holidays: 15 paid Holidays per year
- Paid Parental Leave
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please include the title of the job in the subject line.
For more information on IIBA, see our website: www.iibayarea.org. Position opened until filled.
This description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
IIBA recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Persons receiving services in our programs are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.