Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Department and Location: San Francisco Office
The Immigration Institute of the Bay Area was founded in 1918, and its mission is to welcome, educate and serve immigrants, refugees and their families as they join and contribute to the community. IIBA provides immigration legal services, English and civic education, and other services throughout the Bay Area, as well as through its collaborative efforts with local and regional service providers. IIBA offers a team-oriented, collegial and collaborative work environment. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our clients, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees.
At IIBA, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work. IIBA’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is reflected in the work that we do. We are committed to equity and believe deeply in the value of diversity of race, sexual orientation, gender identify, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us human.
The Administrative Assistant position provides support to the Executive Director, and provides auxiliary support to the Director of Development & the Communication Manager on specific initiatives including IIBA’s annual fundraising event, Comedy Night for Immigrant Rights. A successful candidate will be a team player and a self-starter who is highly organized and able to prioritize, has a strong sense of responsibility, and possesses good verbal and written communication skills. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to learn and grow within the nonprofit field.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Serves as the Executive Director’s administrative liaison to IIBA’s Board of Directors including taking meeting minutes, setting up meetings, distributing & maintaining Board materials, and maintaining Board information.
- Coordinate and maintain the Executive Director’s calendar.
- Act as a central contact for the Executive Director for all communications, correspondence and associated documentations.
- Organize and maintain all communications, documentation and reports in shared drive folder as appropriate.
- Submit reimbursement requests, reconcile credit card account, and manage invoices and receipts for the Executive Director.
- Find new and efficient ways to create work processes to help maximize the Executive Director’s time.
- Support ad hoc projects for the leadership team
- Provide administrative support to the Communications & Development department around key initiatives and events – some weekends and evenings required.
- Serve as a collaborative member of the Development team and provide support/back-up, as needed.
- Enters development department data into Salesforce, including gifts, contact information and other important details.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
- 2+ years of experience providing administrative support to senior management &/or development department.
- Excellent organizational skills- high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; basic knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
- Experience reporting to management and working with confidential information.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Ability to learn and apply IIBA’S policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment, including fax machines, photocopies, teleconference phones, and computer projection.
- Team player with the ability to be extremely effective independently.
- Forward thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Proven ability to maintain confidential or sensitive information with maturity and discretion.
- Social Media skills is a plus.
- Sense of fun a must.
- Commitment to the values and mission of IIBA.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination required.
- Employees in this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including booster shots, according to current state regulations. As required by law, accommodations may be made available.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
IIBA offers a generous cafeteria-style benefits package, elements of which include, but are not limited to:
- Employer matching 403(B) retirement plan: up to 4% employer contribution
- Insurance: Health, dental, life, vision, chiropractic & acupuncture. Medical and dependent care pre-tax reimbursement accounts.
- Transportation and parking pre-tax reimbursement account.
- Vacation: two (2) weeks of accrued vacation per year with an increase each year.
- Holidays: 13 Holiday per year
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject of the email.
For more information on IIBA, see our website: www.iibayarea.org. Position opens until filled.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
IIBA is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons receiving services in our programs are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.