IIBA is seeking volunteer teachers for our Citizenship Preparation Class, leading small groups or individuals through our 12-week curriculum. The class teaches English language skills (speaking, listening, reading, and writing) and U.S. Government and History to individuals who are preparing for their U.S. Citizenship interviews.
Prior experience is not necessary, but is desired.
Volunteers needed in Redwood City, Napa, and San Francisco.
- Lead small group of English language learners in U.S. Government and History lessons.
- Teach English language skills to individuals or small groups.
- Practice “mock” citizenship interviews with students.
- Prepare and lead classroom activities based on curriculum.
- Assist with test administration.
- Basic English skills required. Fluent English preferred.
- Must be patient and able to work easily with others.
- Comfortable leading small group exercises.
- Basic knowledge of U.S. History and Government preferred.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish or another language preferred.
- Teaching experience not required but highly valued.
- Must be available during class hours and willing to make a 3 month commitment.
- Gain teaching experience.
- Use your skills and knowledge to help others reach their dreams.
- Earn class credit, complete community service requirements (if applicable).
- Build your resume with practical experience. Great potential for recommendations.
- Give back to your community.
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications to email@example.com.
If applicable, let us know which office you’re interested in volunteering with.
This is an unpaid volunteer position.