Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Human Resources Director
Department and Location: San Francisco Office
The Immigration Institute of the Bay Area was founded in 1918, and its mission is to welcome, educate and serve immigrants, refugees and their families as they join and contribute to the community. IIBA provides immigration legal services, English and civic education, and other services throughout the Bay Area, as well as through its collaborative efforts with local and regional service providers. IIBA offers a team-oriented, collegial and collaborative work environment. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our clients, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees.
At IIBA, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work. IIBA’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is reflected in the work that we do. We are committed to equity and believe deeply in the value of diversity of race, sexual orientation, gender identify, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us human.
The role of the Executive Administrative Assistant is to support the executive team, including the Executive Director, Director of Finance and Administration, Human Resources Director and the Development team. A successful candidate will be a team player and a self-starter who is highly organized and able to prioritize, has a strong sense of responsibility, and possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities
Financial Department support 50%:
- Responsible for processing accounts payable, maintaining billing and vendor/contractor files, recording deposit from Fee for Services and donations in QuickBooks and maintaining grant files.
HR Department support 20%:
- Assist with monthly staff meetings, trainings and events including maintain calendar, sourcing locations and trainers, managing RSVPs, ordering & coordinating with caters and other outside vendors, room set-up and break-down, recording meeting minutes, etc.
- Responsible for the tracking of staff work anniversaries, birthdays and other milestone; ensure timely recognition and management notification.
- Managing administrative work (e.g. schedule appointments, filing, copying, submit reimbursements, draft letters and email correspondence).
- Maintain and manage the Emergency Procedure Manual and the required tests/drills associated for all eight offices.
- Manage office operations, including IT, computers and communications equipment, vendors and IT consultants, building maintenance issues & repairs, and ordering office supplies and equipment.
Executive Director support 15%:
- Serves as the Executive Director’s administrative liaison to IIBA’s Board of Directors including taking meeting minutes, setting up meetings, distributing & maintaining Board materials, and maintaining Board information.
Development Department support 10%
- Assisting with fundraising events and campaigns.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
- +5 years of experience providing administrative support to senior management.
- Experience in finance/bookkeeping.
- Excellent organizational skills- high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team player with the ability to be extremely effective independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and relate to a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent word processing and computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task with precision and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Forward thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Proven ability to maintain confidential or sensitive information with maturity and discretion.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; basic knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus
- Sense of fun a must
- Commitment to the values and mission of IIBA.
Salary/Benefits: Pay is commensurate with experience.
IIBA offers a generous cafeteria-style benefits package, elements of which include, but are not limited to:
- Employer matching 403(B) retirement plan: up to 5% employer contribution
- Insurance: Health, dental, life, vision, chiropractic & acupuncture. Medical and dependent care pre-tax reimbursement accounts.
- Transportation reimbursement account.
- Vacation: two (2) weeks of accrued vacation per year with an increase each year.
- Sick Leave including paid family sick time
- Holidays: 15 paid Holidays per year
- Paid Parental Leave
Please note: For the foreseeable future, this position is remote. When IIBA returns to office based work, it is envisioned that this position will be based in the San Francisco office.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the title of the job in the subject line.
For more information on IIBA, see our website: www.iibayarea.org. Position opened until filled.
This description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
IIBA recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Persons receiving services in our programs are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.