Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Human Resources Director
Department and Location: San Francisco Office
The Immigration Institute of the Bay Area (IIBA) was founded in 1918, and its mission is to welcome, educate and serve immigrants, refugees and their families as they join and contribute to the community. IIBA provides immigration legal services, English and civic education, and other services at its eight offices throughout the Bay Area, as well as through its collaborative efforts with local and regional service providers. IIBA offers a team-oriented, collegial and collaborative work environment.
IIBA is seeking a full time Executive Assistant to support the executive team, including the Executive Director, Director of Finance and Administration and the Human Resources Director. A successful candidate will be a team player and a self-starter who is highly organized and able to prioritize, has a strong sense of responsibility, and possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Serves as the Executive Director’s administrative liaison to IIBA’s Board of Directors including taking meeting minutes, setting up meetings, distributing & maintaining Board materials, and maintaining Board information.
- Coordinating and maintaining the Executive Director’s calendar.
- Supporting the executive team by providing support on reporting and grant preparation and proposal submission.
- Responsible for processing accounts payable, maintaining billing and vendor/contractor files, recording deposit from Fee for Services and donations in QuickBooks and maintaining grant files.
- Manage office operations, including IT, computers and communications equipment, vendors and IT consultants, building maintenance issues & repairs, and ordering office supplies and equipment.
- Assist the HR Department with onboarding new staff including job postings, materials management and data tracking.
- Assist with monthly staff meetings, trainings and events including sourcing locations, managing RSVPs, ordering & coordinating with caters and other outside vendors, room set-up and break-down, etc.
- Managing administrative work (e.g. schedule appointments, filing, copying, submit reimbursements, draft letters and email correspondence).
- Maintain and manage the Emergency Procedure Manual and the required tests/drills associated for all eight offices.
- Assisting with special projects and event planning.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
- 5+ years of experience providing administrative support to senior management
- Excellent organizational skills- high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Expert level written and verbal skills.
- Team player with the ability to be extremely effective independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and relate to a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent word processing and computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task with precision and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Forward thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Proven ability to maintain confidential or sensitive information with maturity and discretion.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; basic knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Social Media Skills is a plus
- Basic knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus
- Sense of fun a must
- Commitment to the values and mission of IIBA.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
IIBA offers a generous cafeteria-style benefits package, elements of which include, but are not limited to:
- Employer matching 403(B) retirement plan: up to 4% employer contribution
- Insurance: Health, dental, life, vision, chiropractic & acupuncture. Medical and dependent care pre-tax reimbursement accounts.
- Transportation and parking pre-tax reimbursement account.
- Vacation: two (2) weeks of accrued vacation per year with an increase each year.
- Holidays: 13 Holiday per year
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position opens until filled.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
IIBA is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons receiving services in our programs are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.