The volunteer will provide office support to the staff, will have compassion for the issues faced by low-income immigrants, and will have a commitment to serving the community with dignity and respect.
Volunteers needed in IIBA’s Oakland, Redwood City, Fremont, and Napa Offices.
- Assisting with mail, physical files, data entry, and group processing at workshops.
- Assisting with immigration and naturalization case preparation.
- Responsible for Spanish/English translations, copying, filing, mailing, as assigned.
- Assisting with ongoing client communications in person, on phone, and by mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent word processing ability and accuracy.
- Speak, read, and write Spanish and English.
- Good written translation skills.
- Well organized, extremely accurate, attentive to detail, and reliable.
- Excellent computer skills, including ability to learn electronic immigration case management system.
- Experience interacting with clients in a professional and helpful manner.
- Commitment to serve and compassion for the issues faced by the low-income newcomer community.
- Knowledge of immigration laws and procedures preferred.
- Paralegal students encouraged to apply.
- Gain direct experience in well-respected immigration law office.
- Earn class credit, complete community service requirements (if applicable).
- Build your resume with practical experience. Great potential for recommendations.
- Give back to your community. Make a difference for families in need!
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of two days a week (15 hours) for a minimum of three (3) months.
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications to email@example.com.
If applicable, let us know which office you’re interested in volunteering with.
This is an unpaid volunteer position.