Title: Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Part time; Non-Exempt
Reports to: Office Manager
Location: Redwood City
The Immigration Institute of the Bay Area was founded in 1918, and its mission is to welcome, educate and serve immigrants, refugees and their families as they join and contribute to the community. IIBA provides immigration legal services, English and civic education, and other services throughout the Bay Area, as well as through its collaborative efforts with local and regional service providers. IIBA offers a team-oriented, collegial and collaborative work environment. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our clients, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees.
At IIBA, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work. IIBA’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is reflected in the work that we do. We are committed to equity and believe deeply in the value of diversity of race, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us human.
The primary purpose of the Administrative Assistant is to provide part-time (10 hours a week) administrative support for IIBA’s Redwood City immigration legal program. The Administrative Assistant will ensure the smooth running of the office and help improve procedures and day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for office copying, filing, mailing, scanning, as assigned
- Answer incoming calls, in-person reception; assist with ongoing client communications in person, on phone, and by mail
- Responsible for mail, data entry, and appointment scheduling
- Manage office operations, including IT, computers and communications equipment, supplies and equipment, postage and mailing procedures
- Complete Spanish/English document translations
- Assist with legal documents, immigration forms completion and document preparation, under the supervision of attorneys and accredited representative
- Assist with the maintenance of case files and active case spreadsheets
- Participate in staff development and training.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish
- Good written translation skills
- Well organized, extremely accurate, attentive to detail, and reliable
- Proficiency in a Windows/PC environment, Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, and able to quickly become proficient in the use of IIBA’s immigration law software and database (Cerenade and Box)
- Experience interacting with clients in a professional and helpful manner
- Commitment to serve and compassion for the issues faced by the low-income immigrant community
- Knowledge of immigration laws and procedures preferred
- Education: High School diploma. Some college preferred
- Work Experience: Minimum 1 year previous administrative experience
- Fluent in Spanish & English required
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share the base salary range for this position is $21.00 to $25.00 an hour. If you are hired at IIBA, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience. In addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. Please keep in mind that the range mentioned above is the full base salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow for future and continued salary growth. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Applicants for employment in the United States must have work authorization that does not currently or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the job you are applying for in the subject of the email.
For more information on IIBA, see our website: www.iibayarea.org. Position open until filled.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
IIBA is a non-profit, non-discriminatory service organization and employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability. Persons receiving services in our programs are entitled to freedom from harassment and retaliation and reasonable accommodation for qualified disabilities.