The Spanish / English translator volunteer will support the legal staff preparing immigration applications.
Volunteers needed in Oakland and Redwood City.
- Translate documents from Spanish to English, e.g. birth certificates and other foreign government-issued paperwork, letters of support, and personal declarations.
- Produce a typewritten version of the document that visually corresponds to the original.
- Fluency in Spanish (written and spoken) and English (written).
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Reliable and able to work with a deadline when necessary.
- Ability to respect confidentiality.
- Good computer skills.
- Commitment to serve, and compassion for, issues faced by low-income immigrant community members, particularly violent crime survivors.
- Gain experience in a well-respected immigration law office.
- Use your skills and knowledge to help others reach their dreams.
- Make a difference for families in need!
- Build resume. Great potential for recommendations.
- There is no minimum time commitment, but must be sensitive to deadlines.
- May be able to work remotely at times.
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If applicable, let us know which office you’re interested in volunteering with.
This is an unpaid volunteer position.