Redwood City Citizenship Workshop
Tuesday, March 14th at 4:30 PM
2600 Middlefield Road, Redwood City CA 94063
Citizenship “Platicas” or Workshops are held every second Tuesday of the month, at the Fair Oaks Community Center, alternating between mornings and afternoons. A short presentation is offered, followed by individual consultations with our legal experts. Next, the application is completed with the assistance of trained volunteers and lastly, each application is reviewed with a legal expert before copying and mailing.
Do I need to register?
Yes, registration is required for this workshop. To register, call 650-780-7514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What to bring
- You can download and print out this Citizenship Workshop Checklist, which lists the items below.
- Your green card and all current and expired passports.
- List of all trips and dates outside of the U.S. in the past 5 years.
- List of employment and/or schools for the past five years, including start and end dates.
- List of home addresses where have you lived in the last 5 years, including start and end dates.
- Information about your current spouse and all prior marriages for you and your spouse, including names, addresses, dates/places of birth, date/place of marriage, SSN, immigration status and A# (if any).
- Information about all of your children, including names, addresses, dates/places of birth, SSN, immigration status and A# (if any).
- If you have been arrested: Bring ALL arrest and court documents, even if charges were dropped or record expunged.
- Men Only: If you were living in the U.S. between the ages of 18 and 26, please bring evidence of Selective Service registration. You can get evidence of your Selective Service registration by calling 888-655-1825 or visiting www.sss.gov.
- Application Filing Fee: Bring a Check or Money Order for $725.00 made out to “US Department of Homeland Security” (if 75 or older, fee is $640). If you cannot afford the filing fee, you may qualify for a reduced fee of $320 or a fee waiver. You must bring documents such as pay stubs, your most recent tax return (and W2’s), and/or recent written proof that you receive public benefits like SSI, Medi-Cal, food stamps, WIC, CalWorks, cash aid, general assistance, etc.
This event is organized by Redwood City Office
Want to volunteer at this event? Contact us