Oakley Citizenship Workshop
Saturday June 17th at 10:00 AM
Saturday June 17th at 10:00 AM
3231 Main Street, Oakley, CA 94561
Are you a legal permanent resident interested in applying for U.S. Citizenship? Attend this workshop to see if you meet all the requirements for U.S. citizenship. There will be a free presentation informing you of the citizenship application requirements and process as well as a free eligibility screening and English language assessment. If you meet all the requirements, we can assist you with the application process. We will also check to see if you qualify for a waiver of the $725 USCIS fee or for the reduced fee of $320.
Next Citizenship Drive is scheduled for June 17, 2017 at Oakley City Hall. To receive assistance with the Naturalization process, please call 925-237-8581 ext. 11. Registration is required and applicants are asked to bring with them all necessary documentation and information.
We are now hosting 3-4 Citizenship Drives a year in order to better serve the community by increasing our civic engagement efforts.
Volunteers have been able to assist in various ways including signing in applicants, screening for eligibility, assist with fee waiver eligibility and completing the N-400 (Naturalization Application) for those that were able to move on to applying. To find out when the next Drive is scheduled to take place, please contact email@example.com.
Do I need to register?
Yes, registration is required for this workshop. To register, call
What to bring
- You can download and print out this Citizenship Workshop Checklist, which lists the items below.
- Your green card and all current and expired passports.
- List of all trips and dates outside of the U.S. in the past 5 years.
- List of employment and/or schools for the past five years, including start and end dates.
- List of home addresses where have you lived in the last 5 years, including start and end dates.
- Information about your current spouse and all prior marriages for you and your spouse, including names, addresses, dates/places of birth, date/place of marriage, SSN, immigration status and A# (if any).
- Information about all of your children, including names, addresses, dates/places of birth, SSN, immigration status and A# (if any).
- If you have been arrested: Bring ALL arrest and court documents, even if charges were dropped or record expunged.
- Men Only: If you were living in the U.S. between the ages of 18 and 26, please bring evidence of Selective Service registration. You can get evidence of your Selective Service registration by calling 888-655-1825 or visiting www.sss.gov.
- Application Filing Fee: Bring a Check or Money Order for $725.00 made out to “US Department of Homeland Security” (if 75 or older, fee is $640). If you cannot afford the filing fee, you may qualify for a reduced fee of $320 or a fee waiver. You must bring documents such as pay stubs, your most recent tax return (and W2’s), and/or recent written proof that you receive public benefits like SSI, Medi-Cal, food stamps, WIC, CalWorks, cash aid, general assistance, etc.
This event is organized by
Want to volunteer at this event? Contact us