Early in the Institute’s fourth decade, the local Community Chest began a fundraising campaign to purchase buildings for non-profit organizations working with youth. The Institute, through its work with Spanish-speaking young people, qualified as a beneficiary of this fund, and worked hard to assure its success. By 1953, money was available to purchase the building at 2209 Van Ness for $53,000. The Institute moved into its new quarters in 1954.